PR, marketing, social media and technology are inextricably bound and constantly evolving. Your brand and your clients are either benefiting from these crosscurrents, are caught in the crossfire—or both. That’s why you should not miss the highly acclaimed PR News Social Media Summit & Taste of Tech, which will be held on June 3, 2014, at the Grand Hyatt in New York City.
At this unique one-day event, you’ll be treated to the brightest minds in social media willing to share secrets and strategies on social media brand leadership. Additionally, we know how difficult it is to gauge which technologies and services will work best for you. “Taste of Tech,” a unique element of the Summit, will feature partners who “get PR” and can help you make your social initiatives more impactful. One lucky attendee will receive a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones at the Social Media Summit with Taste of Tech!
Register, Network, Grab a Bite to Eat!
The Wake-Up Call for Social Media Leaders: Tech Trends That Will Transform Your Social Media Strategies
You’ll begin the Social Media Summit with the most elemental question behind all your digital communications: Where is your audience now on their mobile devices and desktops, and where is it going? You’ll get key data and insight into which social platforms and apps are driving changes in content consumption and communication, how they are affecting the demographics that matter to you and which emerging technologies will reshape the habits of your audience and the way you practice PR and marketing.
- Statistics on the reach of leading and emerging social networks
- Demographic research showing time spent on social networking
- How audiences are customizing their newsfeeds to get the information they want when they want it
- The latest update to Google’s search algorithm
- A look at how wearable computing such as Google Glass might effect brand communications
Bonus Tip Sheet: The Anatomy of On-Page SEO
How to Find Your Brand’s True Voice on Facebook
Your brand may be on Facebook, but that doesn’t mean the true voice of your brand is there. The platform is home to the world’s largest audience and is increasingly the first stop for news and information for many users. This session will show you how to develop a content strategy for Facebook that speaks to the goals and values of your organization and transmits a brand voice that will engage new audiences while keeping within the parameters of the platform’s news feed algorithm.
You’ll learn how to:
- Develop and promote content that engages your audience and ranks higher in their news feeds
- Create a Facebook page that stands apart from other brands
- Launch creative incentives that inspire users to become part of your Facebook community
- Create and establish a cohesive Facebook presence across multiple mobile device platforms
- Use Facebook measurement tools to track your PR efforts and determine the key metrics you need to follow
- Leverage advertising opportunities on Facebook
Bonus Checklist: 5 Tips for Measuring Success on Facebook
Are You ‘LPC’ on Twitter? How to Make Your Brand Live, Public and Conversational
Individuals, business leaders, celebrities and brands all have conversations with each other on Twitter. In today’s world, not only can a brand speak—it’s expected to. On Twitter, brands must have both a public voice and a unique personality—in real time. This session will show you how to take an “LPC” approach to Twitter—to make your brand Live, Public and Conversational in an always-on 24/7 media world.
You’ll learn how to:
- Develop content opportunities from within your organization
- Plan a content schedule that keeps your audience engaged
- Create tweets that can be retweeted and build traffic
- Strike a balance between organic and promotional content
- Locate and create hashtags that drive conversations
- Measure your Twitter engagement and make appropriate adjustments
- 4 Common Mistakes PR Pros Make on Twitter
- Crisis Management in the Social Media Age
Networking and Caffeine Break
Tech You Need: Trends in Social Media Monitoring and Measuring Tools You Need to Know About Now
You can send out content to your social media channels day and night, but it won’t mean anything unless you have the right tools to monitor comments and measure the effectiveness of your
CCIE 400-101 social media outreach. We will survey the latest trends in social media monitoring and measurement tools and help you find the solutions that work best within your budget.
- How to define your social media goals, objectives, metrics and targets soISC CISSP exam you can make the best choices in monitoring and measuring tools
- Analytics frameworks that include these elements
- How to match the right measurement tools for each social media platform
- How to create a measurement report that speaks directly to an organization’s leadership
- The latest capabilities of social media monitoring and measurement tools
- What to ask before purchasing monitoring and measurement tools
Pre-Lunch Taste of Tech Tour
Visit with the technology providers sponsoring the Social Media Summit in the reception area.
Luncheon Keynote: How to Connect With the Social Media Audiences That Matter to You Most & PR Tech Panel
Social media is not really the great leveler that many claim it to be. There are always influencers, customers, potential clients and employers and journalists who seem to be just out of reach on fullskip Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and the other social platforms. Ian Greenleigh, who writes and speaks about changing audience-brand relationships and the radically shifting landscapes of access and influence, tackles this problem head-on in his recently published book, “The Social Media Side Door: How to
fullskip.com Bypass the Gatekeepers to Gain Greater Access and Influence.” In his keynote address he will share insights and tips to reach your target audiences.
The Digital Life Preserver: Using Social Media During a Crisis
When your brand faces a crisis, social media will either be the first place your stakeholders turn to for information—or it will be ground zero of the crisis itself. This session will show you how to mitigate the damage by preparing a crisis game plan before the crisis happens, and use social media as an effective means of getting ahead of the media and managing the message.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create a framework for response to potential crisis scenarios
- Develop a core message that you can employ across your social media channels
- Build a response team that can implement your plan at any given time
- Make your social media channels the primary source of information
- Be transparent and credible in all your media relations during a crisis
- Engage negative commentary on social media
Visual Storytelling with Pinterest & Instagram
Visuals are not just a nice add-on to social media content, they have come to be expected by people who frequent social media. In this session, you will learn how to use two major visual social media platforms—Pinterest and Instagram—to engage your audience and share your brand’s story in a dynamic way.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create visual content opportunities and integrate them into your social media strategy
- Leverage Pinterest to increase site traffic and spread your brand’s message
- Understand your customers by what they pin and how they arrange their boards
- Share your brand’s story on Instagram
- Create campaigns on Instagram that draw new customers
- Develop ideas for Vine and Instagram videos
- Engage customers by encouraging them to share their content
Bonus Checklist: How to Promote Your Pinterest Boards
How Your Brand Can Leverage Direct Messaging Apps Like Snapchat & Instagram Direct
We’ll look at one of the most important trends in social media—the migration toward direct messaging apps and platforms like Snapchat and Instagram Direct that offer private or small-scale distribution of content and images. We’re seeing this migration primarily with younger demographics, but as when Facebook and Twitter launched, it was the younger demos that led the way for the rest of the population. And Internet giants like Facebook are concerned—which is why Facebook attempted to acquire Snapchat last year. We’ll look at some brands that are already experimenting with the intimacy of Snapchat and Instagram Direct, and how organizations that might not seem like perfect fits now for these platforms can consider ways to use them to reach new audiences.
- What new skills and attitudes one needs to develop to be an expert at direct messaging
- How to use direct messaging for contests and coupon giveaways
- What kind of time investment is required for successful engagement with direct messaging apps
- How to tell Snapchat Stories
- How a b2b company or professional association that may not consider itself a storehouse of visual content can use Snapchat and other direct messaging apps
- Which tools to use to make your Snapchat and Instagram Direct visuals as engaging as possible.
Bonus: 6 Tips for Success on Snapchat
What You Don’t Know—But Should—About LinkedIn, Google+, Reddit & Tumblr
One of the biggest challenges about brand communications on social media is how to decide which platforms to engage on—and one of the things that keeps communicators up at night is the worry that they’re ignoring the very platforms that could be the best gateways to new audiences. In this session, you’ll learn about the secret powers of LinkedIn (LinkedIn, for example, is available in 20 languages and has 65.6 million monthly unique visitors and 184 million globally), Reddit, Google+ and Tumblr. Find out whether or not you’ve been missing opportunities on these networks.
You’ll learn how to:
- Use your company page to share news from industry sources, images,310-011 presentations and other content, and promote your services and interact with clients, customers and employees
- Develop Showcase pages to highlight your company’s products and services
- Use paid promotion to get more eyeballs on your LinkedIn content—even with limited budgets
- Invest enough time in Google+ daily so what you share makes the most of Google’s search algorithm
- Increase your Google+ +1’s so you can strengthen your overall social fullskip exam marketing position
- Engage in Reddit conversations with accountability and transparency
- Run sponsored content on “subreddit” online communities
- Create effective, eye-catching content for Tumblr blogs
Bonus: 21+ Add-Ons for Your LinkedIn Company Page
Key Takeaways From the Social Media Summit
We will recap the top takeaways from the day so that you leave empowered to enhance your brand’s social media strategy when you return to the office.
Social Networking Reception
Join us in the reception area for some face-to-face social networking and refreshments.